SkyFex Privacy Statement
This policy covers SkyFex website only and does not cover the websites of other parties to which SkyFex may link, because SkyFex is not responsible, and can not control the privacy practices or content of those sites. To demonstrate our commitment to fair information protection practices, we have adopted leading communication industry privacy guidelines.
SkyFex wants to give its customers the comfort and confidence they need to fully participate in SkyFex online offerings. Therefore, here are the principles governing SkyFex information practices and other privacy aspects of SkyFex website:
Information Collection and Use
- SkyFex collects Individual Identifying Information when user registers his or her SkyFex Expert account, or uses certain SkyFex products or services, and also when user visits SkyFex pages. SkyFex may also receive Individual Identifying Information from its business partners.
- When user registers with SkyFex, he or she will be asked for his or her name, e-mail address, company, location and other information. Once user has registered with SkyFex and signed in to SkyFex services, the user is not anonymous to SkyFex anymore.
- SkyFex also automatically receives and records information from user's browser including IP address, browser version, SkyFex cookie information and the pages requested. This information is collected exclusively for general service usage statistics and is anonymized.
- SkyFex may use the information for several purposes including but not limited to: customizing the advertising and content user sees, fulfilling user's requests for certain products and services, and contacting user with specials and new products.
- SkyFex routinely time-stamps and logs events (like features used, number of participants, length of SkyFex sessions.) This data is used for accounting/billing purposes as well as for performance tuning and optimization of the SkyFex services.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
- In general SkyFex will not share its customers Individual Identifying Information with anyone.
- SkyFex may only send Individual Identifying Information about its customers to other parties in the following cases:
- SkyFex has user's consent to share the information;
- SkyFex needs to share user information to provide the product or service user has requested;
- SkyFex needs to send the information to companies who work on behalf of SkyFex to provide a product or service to SkyFex customer. (Unless otherwise said, these companies do not have any right to use the Individual Identifying Information SkyFex provides to them beyond what is necessary to assist SkyFex.);
- SkyFex responds to subpoenas, court orders or legal process;
- SkyFex finds that user's actions violate SkyFex Terms of Service or other SkyFex usage guidelines for specific products or services.
SecuritySkyFex sessions take place within context of SkyFex proprietary switched communications environment. With SkyFex, any session information (such as applications, chat, polling data, documents, video, and voice) provided by participants within a session is never saved on the SkyFex switching platform but is instead instantly switched between session participants. The SkyFex switching environment is architected similarly to the telephone switching environment; once the call is over all remnants of the content of that call dissipate, leaving only a record that a call took place. Further, the only means to participate in a meeting is through the SkyFex invitation and join process; SkyFex employees can therefore only participate in SkyFex customer sessions when expressly permitted by SkyFex customer.
- Customer's SkyFex Account Information is password-protected for your privacy and security.
- In certain areas SkyFex uses industry-standard SSL-encryption to protect data transmissions.
- In other areas SkyFex uses proprietary security methods to protect data transmissions.
Questions or SuggestionsIf you have questions or suggestions please send e-mail to .
IP Information Collection and Use Practices
- SkyFex receives IP addresses from all users because this information is automatically reported by their browsers each time they view a Web page.
- Customer's IP address is also stored in SkyFex Expert registration databases when user registers his or her Expert account with SkyFex.
- When a SkyFex Web page is requested and viewed, the request is logged (including the IP address of the computer that requested the page).
- IP addresses may be used for various purposes, including:
- Diagnosing service or technology problems reported by SkyFex users or engineers that are associated with the IP addresses controlled by a specific Web company or ISP.
- Sending the most appropriate advertising based on geographic area or information derived from user's IP address. Many IP addresses are commonly associated with Internet service providers, universities, or major corporations in specific regions or localities. Aggregate information derived from IP addresses may also be reported to advertisers.
- Estimating the total number of users visiting SkyFex from specific countries or regions of the world.
CookiesA cookie is a small amount of data, which often includes an anonymous unique identifier, that is sent to your browser from a Web site's computers and stored on your computer's hard drive. Each Web site can send its own cookie to your browser if your browser's preferences allow it, but (to protect your privacy) your browser only permits a Web site to access the cookies it has already sent to you, not the cookies sent to you by other sites. Choices about Cookies:
- You can configure your browser to accept all cookies, reject all cookies, or notify you when a cookie is set. (Each browser is different, so check the 'Help' menu of your browser to learn how to change your cookie preferences.)
- If you reject all cookies, you may not be able to use SkyFex services that require to login and you may not be able to take full advantage of all offerings.
SkyFex's Practices Regarding CookiesSkyFex uses its own cookies for a number of purposes, including:
- Accessing your information when you 'sign in,' so that we can provide you with customized content.
- Keeping track of preferences you specify while you are using SkyFex's services.
- Displaying the most appropriate advertising banners, based on your interests and activity on SkyFex.
- Estimating and reporting our total audience size and traffic.
- Conducting research on improving SkyFex's content and services.
- Requiring you to re-enter your SkyFex password after a certain period of time has elapsed to protect you against unauthorized individuals accidentally accessing your account contents.
- When you register with SkyFex or submit information to SkyFex, a temporary copy of that information is routinely made to prevent accidental loss of your information through a computer malfunction or human error.
- SkyFex keeps your account information active in its user registration databases in order to provide immediate access to your personalization preferences each time you visit SkyFex.
- If you ask SkyFex to delete your SkyFex account, in most cases your account will be deactivated and then deleted from our user registration database in approximately 10 business days This delay is necessary to discourage users from engaging in fraudulent activity.
Please note that any information that we have copied may remain in back-up storage for some period of time after your deletion request. This may be the case even if no information about your account remains in our active user databases.
- The SkyFex computers (called 'servers') that send your Web pages and advertising banners process and store an enormous amount of information every day. These computers' records are called 'log files.'
- Log files are used for analysis, research, auditing, and other purposes, as described above. After this information has been used, it is stored and is inaccessible. Until the information is stored, your SkyFex ID may remain in our active server log files.